Nationwide YMCA Membership and Waiver
Here is a link to assist you in locating other YMCAs, starting in Michigan.
By participating in the YMCA Nationwide Membership Program, I agree to release the National Council of Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America, and its independent and autonomous member associations in the United States and Puerto Rico, from claims of negligence for bodily injury or death in connection with the use of YMCA facilities, and from any liability for other claims, including loss of property, to the fullest extent of the law.
- Members must still use their home YMCA at least 50% of the time.
- Present a valid YMCA membership ID card and a photo ID.
- Depending on the YMCA, some restrictions may apply, so members are encouraged to check with the Y they plan to visit or their website ahead of time to learn specifics
Membership Rates are Income and Need Based
The YMCA of Saginaw is a not-for-profit, charitable, health and human services organization committed to helping ALL people grow in spirit, mind and body. We offer affordable monthly membership rates for families, adults, young adults and youth. Financial aid is available to make a Y membership affordable to everyone! Every day, the YMCA of Saginaw offers quality, affordable programs and services designed to benefit people of all incomes and backgrounds. The Y uses contributed funds to ensure that those unable to pay the stated amount are able to participate.
Those unable to pay the full fee may receive financial assistance based on their demonstrated ability to pay and the Y’s ability to fund the subsidy.
Affirmation of Non-Discrimination
At a meeting of the governing board of the YMCA of Saginaw, held on January 27, 1995, the board adopted a policy:
“It shall be the policy of the YMCA of Saginaw to provide equal membership/employment/service opportunities to all eligible persons without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, handicap, membership in any labor organization and political affiliation. The YMCA will also provide equal employment opportunities without regard to height, weight and record or arrest without conviction.”
Our fair share pricing is a simple, easy-to-understand pricing model that applies the appropriate membership rate based on the number of people in your household who choose to be members and your annual household income.
In order to adjust your rate, you must present a current tax return to verify household income at the time you join and again annually on your join anniversary date.
- Accepted documents for income verification include the 2018 1040, 1040 EZ and 1040A.
- We cannot accept: W2’s, SSI Letter, Government Assistance Letter alone.
Don’t file or don’t have your copy of your taxes?
Request the documentation: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript (You will receive it in the mail in 5-10 days). Then bring it to us with your proof of income and this printable form completed. Verification happens on the spot – we do not keep copies of your tax information.
- Silver Sneakers
- Silver & Fit
- Renew Active (formerly AARP Medicare Supplement Programs)
Due at time of joining with prorated member fee
Guest Pass with a Member
Share your love of the Y. Sweat with a buddy!
Guests can attend 3 times in DURING THEIR LIFETIME for FREE when accompanied by a current member. Members are responsible for their guest.
- Members age 18+ may bring in a guest as long as both the member and the guest provide a valid picture ID.
There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Must not owe a past balance.
- The adult member checking them in must remain with their guest(s) at all times while in the YMCA.
- All guests must register at the Welcome Desk each time they visit.
- After three complimentary visits, the guest must purchase a membership or day pass to access the facility.
- Guests must comply with the philosophy of the YMCA during their visit.
Purchase a Day Pass
Already visited 3 times in your lifetime?
Ask about purchasing a day pass or the best option is to join the Y with your own membership!
- Must be age 18+ and show photo ID.
- Not owe a past balance
- Call (989) 753-7721 ext 0 for current rates
- Members must follow class guidelines and instructor’s directions
- We recommend that you see your physician before beginning an exercise program, especially if you have any pre-existing medical conditions
- Since they are still too young for our Kids Zone, children under 6 weeks of age may join parents in the Wellness Center as long as they are strapped into a car seat or stroller that does not block pathways or equipment
- Children age 13 and under must remain with a parent or guardian at all times unless registered in a supervised program or class
- Ages 14 and older, on an active and in good standing membership, may enter the Y at any time without adult supervision.
- Group Exercise Classes: Members ages 14+ may participate in all group exercise classes
- High school age or older
- All fitness equipment should be returned to its proper storage place to ensure safety and cleanliness of the room
- Weight-bearing exercises should not be performed against mirrors for safety reasons
- Collars and spotters are required on all free weight bars
- Please re-rack weights
- As a courtesy to other members, limit your time on all cardio equipment to 30 minutes during peak times or when others are waiting
- After using equipment, please use the sanitizing wipes provided to wipe off equipment
- Bring a towel for your workout, but please don’t use it to wipe off equipment
- T-shirts, shorts, sweatpants, tights, socks
- Closed-toe, non-marking athletic shoes are a must
- No street clothes, including jeans or sandals
Food and Beverages
- Closed water bottles are allowed
- All other food, beverages and gum must be consumed in the café area only
- For the privacy and respect of other members, we ask that cell phones not be used in locker rooms or workout areas
- Store personal items in a locker
- Lockers are located in all locker rooms, in the Wellness Center, and in the room across from the FieldHouse
- We advise you to use a lock on the locker
- Members must supply their own lock and remove it daily in accordance with locker room policy
- The Saginaw Family YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Age 7 and younger: Parent must be in the pool with this age group and within arms reach of the child during Family and Open Swim.
- Age 8-15 must have a parent in the pool area to enter the pool area during Family Swim.
- Age 8-15 must have a parent in the building during Open Swim.
- Please see the lifeguard for swim test and wrist band for all youth.
- All Swimmers must wear a swim suit to enter the pool.
- Water Walk: This is for ages 16 and up.
- Lap Swim: is designed for organized swimming up and down the length of the pool repeatedly.
Designated lanes are provided for lap swimming (deep pool) and water walking (shallow pool) ages 16 and up.
Lap swimmers may be asked to swim circular using the right side of their respective lanes.
Each turn should be approached from the right to the left and finished with a straight-ahead push off.
- Thunder and Lightning causes pools to remain closed 30 minutes past last observation.
Proper Attire and Etiquette
- Everyone must shower prior to entering the pool area.
- Bathing suits are required
(i.e. swim trunks for men and boys, one- or two-piece suits or women and girls).
- Requests for alternative wear due to religious and/or cultural reasons may be addressed directly with the Aquatics Director.
- T-shirts may be worn over suits.
- Cutoffs are not permitted.
- Street shoes and gym shoes are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Children who are not yet toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- Cloth or disposable diapers cannot be worn in the pool.
- The lifeguard has complete authority over the pool area.
- Please walk on the deck and in locker rooms at all times.
- Diving is not permitted unless in the 9’ end of the deep pool.
- People with infectious medical conditions should refrain from swimming.
- Inform YMCA staff of anything that may be a safety issue.
- The lifeguard on duty must approve all toys and other equipment brought to the facility.
- All YMCA pool toys/equipment must remain at the pool.
- Kick boards and pull buoys are provided only to lap swimmers and those enrolled in swim classes.
- Inflatable flotation devices are not permitted in the pool.
Indoor walk / run upstairs above the Field House
- No strollers allowed
- Please follow the red directional arrow found on the top of the railing
- Children 13 and under must be supervised while on the track
- 17 laps = 1 mile (measured at the inside edge)
Outdoor river walk / run
- Children 13 and under must be supervised while on the outdoor track
- 4 laps = 1 mile
Change of Membership
Do you qualify for a medical hold?
Need to put your membership on hold? Perhaps you qualify for a medical hold until you can safely return. See the membership director to see if you qualify for a medical hold. A doctors slip may be requested.
Do you qualify for a non-medical hold?
Can’t use your members for a non medical reason? Consider a 30, 60 or 90 day temporary hold. The rate is $13 a month, instead of the full membership rate (maximum request 90 days per calendar year).
Memberships can’t be changed by telephone and must be done in writing. To change your membership you must complete a change of membership form and take it to the Saginaw YMCA at least 7 days before your next draft date.
Termination of Membership
We hope it doesn’t happen, but if you must end your membership, here is how to start the process:
After considering our membership hold options, do you still need to end your membership? If you end your membership before 12 months, you will owe an early termination fee equal to one month dues.
Memberships can’t be terminated by telephone and must be done in writing. To terminate your membership you must complete a termination form and take it to the Saginaw YMCA at least 7 days before your next draft date.
Weather / Closure Policy