Looking for nationally certified personal trainers to join our team. The YMCA of Saginaw is searching for someone who understands and has experience coaching functional fitness classes and is able to work one-on-one or in a large group setting. Seeking outgoing and motivated personal trainers to help grow our fitness program.
Compensation & Benefits
- Part Time; Non Exempt (up to 25hrs/week)
- $20.00 – $30.00 per client hour
- Complimentary YMCA membership
- Staff discounts towards programs and services
- Continuing education opportunities
- Develop, implement and instruct a variety of personal training and group training sessions for clients. Provide encouragement and expertise for the client in support of their health and well-being goals.
- Administer, track and evaluate health history questionnaires, fitness assessments and other pre-participation documentation with regard to individual exercise programs.
- Promote and sell personal training programs and services while achieving session goals.
- Maintain required CEC’s and national certifications.
- Follow Fitness Floor expectations when not scheduled for personal training, group training, or performing a wellness consultation.
Qualifications – Required
- NCCA Accredited Personal Training Certification such as the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), or National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Personal Training Specialist Certification, or other approved and accredited certifications.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR, First Aid, and AED.
- Formal training in the specialty class being taught and/or ability to demonstrate the movements and exercises.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an individual/group and motivate others to achieve their health and well-being goals.
- Demonstrated ability working with all age groups and ability levels.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
Qualifications – Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Health/Exercise Science or related field.
- 1 year experience in the health and fitness field.
- 1 year experience Personal Training and Group Training.