Do you love working with kids? Come join the Y where you can support the community in a safe and healthy way!
Y Team Members get a FREE individual Y membership and program discounts!
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides direct supervision and care of children in Kids Zone. Greet everyone by name whenever possible, extend thanks whenever appropriate, and make relationship-building a high priority at all times. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervises and participates in activities with all children.
- Maintains positive relationships and effective communication with parents.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Improvises quickly and appropriately when faced with unexpected circumstances, so as to better meet the needs of members.
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts, wearing appropriate uniform and name tag, and prepared for all assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED & First Aid. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills. Ability to relate and communicate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community. Minimum age 16 required, 18 years of age is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively. Must have high level of alertness, concentration, and initiative. Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform job responsibilities. Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; occasionally stoop/bend. Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times