Safe, Essential and Open for All
We have missed our Y community and are excited to reconnect. A continued effort to re open the YMCA to its full capacity is underway! The Y Reopening Team – made up of board, staff, members and volunteers – has worked hard to plan a phased reopening focused on safety and responsibility for staff and members alike. We have consulted trusted resources including the CDC and state and local health authorities to guide our decision-making.
This is new territory for all of us at the Y, so we genuinely appreciate the Y Reopening Team for their input and wisdom. And we thank our members for patience and loyalty as we sort through unprecedented challenges.
WHAT IS AVAILABLE IN STAGE 2 (November 16th, 2020) OF OUR SAFE REOPENING?
the reopening of the Y will look and feel a little different. Many of the safety steps we are taking are becoming more familiar to you as they are required at most public places.
1. Pre-entry self screening of symptom required. Please do not come to the Y if you have a temperature, dry cough or shortness of breath
2. Front desk: staff will be wearing masks and members will self-swipe membership cards. Members are required to wear a mask at all times when in the building except when swimming.
3. Members masks: members are required to wear masks when entering and leaving the building, when in common areas, and during their facility use outside of swimming.
4. Wellness Center: reconfigured and “re-routed” for proper social distancing
5. Fieldhouse: half of the fieldhouse will be open – members must bring their own equipment. No group sports allowed initially
6. Indoor track: open with social distancing encouraged
7. Pool: lap swim and water walk are available. Reservations are required.
8. Group exercise classes are available indoors in the field house gymnasium.
9. Men’s and Women’s locker rooms will be opening on Monday November 16th. This will include showers. Dry sauna and steam rooms within the locker rooms will not be available in stage 2 of our safe opening.
Over time we will continuously reopen programs and facilities so that members have full and unlimited access to the Y as usual.
Many of us come to the Y for fitness but, at our core, the Saginaw YMCA is about community. We look forward to reconnecting with our Y community soon. Stay tuned for more!
1. Members may OPT OUT of paying membership dues by if they so choose, with the understanding that they will have no access to activities and facilities. Stopping a membership is up to the primary member on a membership account. With a minimum of 7 days notice your membership will be stopped and removed from future draft dates. Click HERE to stop your membership