Moving for Better Balance is an evidence-based, fall-prevention program that uses the principles and movement of Tai Chi to help older adults improve balance and increase confidence for everyday activities.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN MOVING FOR BETTER BALANCE:
- Small group, supportive environment
- 12-week program with two 60-minute sessions per week and two hours of at-home practice per week
- The program works to improve balance, muscle strength, flexibility, and mobility to enhance overall physical health, which leads to better functioning in daily activities.
- A slow and therapeutic workout that addresses key components of fitness including flexibility, muscle strength and balance.
- Facilitated by YMCA-certified Instructors
- 65 years or older, physically mobile, with impaired stability and/or mobility
- 45 years or older with a chronic condition that may impact stability and/or mobility
Contact: Wellness Director