Camp Connect is a two-weeks day camp for youth ages 2-10 who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Camp Connect is hosted by the YMCA of Saginaw and is designed in collaboration with the Saginaw County Community Mental Health Authority. Our goal is to provide a day camp that is fun, engaging, and safe for children to attend. Camp activities and structure are designed to meet the needs of youth who are on the autism spectrum.
The Camp Connect Health Officer maintains quality and safety controls in day camp areas as required by the YMCA policies and procedures and the local health department. The Camp Connect Health Officer will plan and coordinate overall health and safety services to campers. This position will be providing unlimited enthusiasm and encouragement to all camp staff and support when needed.
Essential Functions/Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Committed to continuous quality of the Day Camp program.
- Maintain high visibility in all program areas with participants and engage with all participants.
- Maintain daily health logs for all medications for campers.
- Maintain a high degree of readiness for the safety of the campers.
- Be aware of program planning with regards to daily scheduling to provide health services without interruption.
- Organize and keep track of all camper health forms.
- Maintain all program areas in a safe, clean, and presentable fashion.
- Participate as needed in camper programs including indoor, outdoor, off-site, and swimming activities.
- Document and report all incidents.
- Transport all late camper check ins, ensuring safety for all participants.
- Participate in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
- Minimum Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or comparable experience and State certified to distribute medications.
- Experience working with groups of children between the ages of 2 and 10.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Experience working with Day Camp.
- Able to communicate well both in written form and in public presentation settings.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Attention to detail, and ability to both manage projects and participants.
- Hold current CPR/AED and First aid certifications.
Status: Part Time (2 weeks day camp – 58 hours total)
Schedule: Mon-Thurs, 9am-4pm (Week 1) & Mon-Thurs, 9am-5pm (Week 2)
For more information, please email Manuel Rivera @ firstname.lastname@example.org.