About Kid Zone
- The Saginaw Family YMCA Kid Zone is located to the right upon entering the building.
- Children must be signed in and out by a parent or guardian.
- Kid Zone is a free service for full facility members with children ages 6 weeks to 9 years of age.
- Parents must stay on facility grounds while using the service.
- Babies ages 6 weeks to 1 year are limited to 1 hour.
- Children ages 1-6 are limited to 2 hours.
- Keep sick children at home for the health and safety of all!
- Encourage your children to use the restroom before they are signed in, although there are facilities inside the area.
Kid Zone can accept up to 30 kids using this formula:
- Each child age 6 weeks-1 year counts as 3 kids.
- Each child age 1-2 counts as 2 kids.
- Each child age 3-4 counts as 1.5 kids.
- Children 5 and up count as 1 kid each.
YMCA Kid Zone staff reserve the right to limit and turn away children when ratio limits are at capacity.
- Due to many severe allergies, no food is allowed in the Kid Zone.
- Spill-proof, labeled cups and water bottles may be brought in.
- For the safety of all children, parents/guardians are not allowed access beyond the sign-in point unless given permission by Kid Zone staff.
- Children will not be released to anyone other than the person dropping them off unless given written permission at the time of check-in (no exceptions).
- Your child may be removed from any disruptive situation and may be given a time out — one minute per year of age.
- If the disruptive situation continues, you will be located in the facility to address your child’s behavior or remove your child from the Kid Zone.
- Kids must be fully clothed while in the Kid Zone and must wear socks.