- Age 7 and younger: Parent must be in the pool with this age group and within arms reach of the child during Family and Open Swim.
- Age 8-15 must have a parent in the pool area to enter the pool area during Family Swim.
- Age 8-15 must have a parent in the building during Open Swim.
- Please see the lifeguard for swim test and wrist band for all youth.
- A supervising adult is considered to be a person age 18+.
Proper Attire and Etiquette
- Everyone must shower prior to entering the pool area.
- Bathing suits are required (i.e. swim trunks for men and boys, one- or two-piece suits or women and girls).
- Requests for alternative wear due to religious and/or cultural reasons may be addressed directly with the Aquatics Director.
- T-shirts may be worn over suits.
- Cutoff are not permitted.
- Street shoes and gym shoes are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Children who are not yet toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- Cloth or disposable diapers cannot be worn in the pool.
- The lifeguard has complete authority over the pool area.
- Please walk on the deck and in locker rooms at all times.
- Diving is not permitted unless in the 9’ end of the deep pool.
- People with infectious medical conditions should refrain from swimming.
- Inform YMCA staff of anything that may be a safety issue.
- The lifeguard on duty must approve all toys and other equipment brought to the facility.
- All YMCA pool toys/equipment must remain at the pool.
- Kick boards and pull buoys are provided only to lap swimmers and those enrolled in swim classes.
- Inflatable flotation devices are not permitted in the pool.